Hello! I’m Darla.
I’m a feminist and culturally-inclusive copywriter. I specialize in working with healers, coaches, sacred space holders and creative entrepreneurs who want to expand their message and fill their programs without predatory, manipulative or culturally appropriated language.
Instead, I show you how to use vision, values and earned credibility to powerfully invite your clients into a transformative experience. I do that by offering feminist and socially-conscious copywriting strategies while also taking the time to show you “behind-the-curtain” of Patriarchal Language so you can understand the mechanics of linguistic oppression. That way you don’t blame yourself for something that’s a collective experience and you can begin to implement feminist rhetoric in other areas of your life and business.
And. I’m bringing a B.A. in journalism and mass communication, 20 years of experience as a journalist and writer, an M.A. in intercultural communication with emphasis in feminist communication theory, plus feminist copywriting and deep spiritual worker training to the table.
I know without a doubt that our words have power.
And when it comes to communicating our work as healers, coaches and feminist entrepreneurs, it’s crucial that we use words and strategies that help create the new world we want to live in, not ones that reinforce oppressive structures.
- Leading with vision and values . . . not pain points and fear-based emotions (bonus! Leading with vision helps identify you as a leader.)
- Leaning into our hard-earned authority and expertise . . . not a makeover/Cinderella Story
- Using language that encourages conscious decision making . . . not unconscious social or ancestral trauma responses
- Using socially-conscious language that doesn’t harm or exclude the marginalized and vulnerable members of society
- Naming the Thing . . . not passing systemic and cultural short falls off as individual failures
- Being culturally-appropriate with our word choices . . . not culturally appropriative (looking at you tribe, gypsy and woke)
- Using honest urgency to set boundaries around a transaction . . . not as a tripwire to pressure a sale
- Using high-consent marketing and sales tactics . . . because how we do one thing is how we do everything
From now until Monday, September 16, you can enter to win a complete 4 page message and copy overhaul for your website.
The winning entrepreneur will receive:
- A 90-minute intake and strategy call
- Identification of Your One True Marketing Message
- A bio statement describing you and your work
- Feminist and culturally-inclusive website copy for four (4) webpages
- 2 Rounds of revisions
- A 30-minute clarification call if either of us needs it
- 10 pieces of short copy for social media
- Strategy suggestions for marketing online from a feminist and culturally-inclusive perspective
It’s a $4,000 value with a turn around time of one week from our 90-minute call.
Yep. In less than two weeks from today you could have brand new copy and a brand new message . . . all based in feminist and culturally-inclusive marketing, copywriting and strategy.
To enter is simple:
Just click the pink button below and fill out the form below with your name and email address before 12 p.m. Eastern on Monday, September 16th. You’ll automatically be entered into the contest. A winner will be randomly selected and notified by email!